Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan
Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan
The Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship will be awarded to assist a graduate student of any nationality other than Jordanian to participate in an ACOR approved archaeological excavation or research project in Jordan. For the 2013-2014 funding cycle only non-Jordanian graduate students are eligible. The Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship provides support in the amount of $1,800. The fellowship must be used during the period between May 1, 2013 and April 30, 2014.
The fellowship is to assist in partial payment of essential expenses for graduate students. Students whose expenses are being borne largely or entirely by the project are ineligible. This award may be combined with an ACOR research fellowship to provide for residence at the ACOR center in Amman or an ACOR travel fellowship if this grant is used for research. Applicants must be enrolled graduate students at the time of application.
About the Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship
Kenneth W. Russell (1950 – 1992) began his formal association with ACOR in 1990 as an archaeologist for the ACOR projects at the Amman Temple of Hercules and at Aqaba (Islamic Ayla). He was educated at the University of Utah (Ph.D. 1986).
Russell was a brilliant and animated lecturer and a skilled anthropologist who contributed to archaeological and ethno-archaeological theory. He studied the ethnoarchaeology of the Bidul Bedouin, Petra’s modern day inhabitants. He was particularly interested in the history and archaeology of Petra, having received his early training in archaeological excavation in Petra in the 1970’s.
Russell died unexpectedly, on May 10, 1992 after a short illness contracted before commencing the excavation of the Petra Church. He was buried at Petra on a promontory overlooking the valley and his excavation, in a place chosen by and given to Ken by the Bidul.
The Kenneth Wayne Russell Memorial Trust was founded by family and friends to carry on his legacy in Jordan. The Russell trust rotates on a three-year cycle.
- Year 1: Bedul education assistance for the children of Umm Sayhoun community in the Petra region.
- Year 2: Education assistance for a Jordanian student enrolled in an archaeology or cultural heritage degree program in any country. $1,500 award.
- Year 3: Student travel (any nationality except Jordanian) for field work or research in Jordan. One award of $1,500 to support a graduate student participating in an ACOR approved archaeological research project.
Since 2008, the Bedul cycle of the fellowship is spread over a three year period, so that an annual prize of JD 200 and a certificate commending their achievement can be awarded to the top male and top female tawjihi finalists from Umm Sayhoun.
Deadline for applications is February 1, 2013
Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2013
For more information, please visit : official website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) […]
- Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens, Turkey Travel and research grants in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, and Social Sciences Humanities will be […]
- 12 PhD Fellowships at GMPF 12 PhD Fellowships available Starting in Spring 2011OverviewTalented and motivated candidates who have, or are expecting to obtain a Master or equivalent degree in a field relevant to the […]
- The Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship, USA Symantec plans to begin accepting applications for the 2011 Fellowship in July 2010. The application deadline is December 18, 2010. Award decisions will be made in February […]
- National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS) Internship, Japan National Institute for Physiological Sciences (NIPS) (Department of Physiological Sciences, School of Life Science, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies (SOKENDAI) invites foreign […]
- BEVA Trust Equine Research Fellowship in Equine Science at Selwyn College Overview Selwyn College and the Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, propose to elect a research fellow in Equine Science, sponsored by the BEVA Trust […]
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship at the University of CambridgeThis fellowship is a collaboration between the Ancora Foundation and Cambridge Overseas Trust to provide two fellowships […]
- Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), USA Democracy FellowshipsThe National Endowment for Democracy Invites Fellowship Applications for 2012–2013 The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is an international exchange program […]
- HIV and Drug Use Research Fellowship, Switzerland With the support of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the International AIDS Society (IAS) has established a research fellowship programme focusing on HIV and drug use, with […]
- Master Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Wellcome Trust, UK This scheme strengthens scientific research capacity in low- and middle-income countries, by providing support for junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan semoga informasi tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan ini bermanfaat.