Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units
PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units
Optimization of numerical simulation software for Graphical Processing Units
A position is available to start a PhD on numerical simulations running on Graphical Processing Units (GPUs). In a collaboration between the DyNaMat and EELAB groups at UGent, we are currently developing this high-performance simulation package that allows to simulate, on the one hand, e.g. the energy efficiency of electrical steels as used in electromagnetic devices, and, on the other hand, the read and write processes on e.g. hard disks. Such calculations are numerically very intensive. Recently we started developing a multipurpose micromagnetic code — nicknamed “MuMax” — which can run on both GPU and CPU hardware. Due to the massively parallel architecture of GPUs, the program runs now about 100x faster on this hardware. Nevertheless, there is room for numerous computer-technical optimizations and many new features as e.g. the development of communication schemes for future multi-GPU implementations.
We are currently looking for a new PhD student with a masters degree in either informatics/computer science, engineering, physics or mathematics. The research topic is the optimization of numerical methods for GPU hardware. Although applied to micromagnetic simulations, no specific knowledge of physics or magnetism is needed. A general interest for numerical methods is required though.
You will join the work on topics like numerical techniques to solve large systems of coupled differential equations, fast summation techniques, fast Fourier transforms, etc. Both the underlying algorithms as well as their implementation on CPU and GPU hardware are to be optimized. A working knowledge of C/C++ is needed for the low-level GPU implementation. Other parts of the software are now written in C++/Java/Python/Go and scripting languages. They can be extended by modules written in any high-level programming language.
More information is available on Official Website.
If you are interested, please contact:
Bartel.VanWaeyenberge@UGent.be or Luc.Dupre@UGent.be
Application Deadline : 31 December 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes The aim of this project is to model the interactions of lipid membranes with nano-objects including functional biomimetic polymers, peptides, polymeric micelles and polymer […]
- 2 PhD Positions in Numerical methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of LPV systems OverviewThe aim of the project is to develop (numerical) methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of linear infinite-dimensional systems with time-varying […]
- PhD Position in Modelling, Simulation and Analysis of Colloidal Transport at University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and Eindhoven Univ PhD Position in Modelling, Simulation and Analysis of Colloidal TransportA PhD vacancy in Applied Mathematics will be hosted by the Chair for Applied Mathematics 1, Department of […]
- PhD Scholarship Position at Instituto de Telecomunicações The Multimedia Signal Processing Group at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, invites applications for the MUVIS (MUlti-view distributed coding […]
- Erasmus Mundus MSc Scholarships in Dependable Software Systems (DESEM), Europe The National University of Ireland Maynooth (NUIM) in Ireland; the University of St. Andrews (UStA) in Scotland; and Université Henri Poincaré Nancy (UHP) in France are offering a two-year […]
- PhD position in Computational Geoscience available at CERE Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling and Center for Energy Resources Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, has an opportunity to provide a 3 year-PhD project […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship Position in Political Science The doctoral candidate programme amounts to 240 credits (which is equivalent to four years of study full time). It formally ends with the doctoral candidate publicly defending his/her […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Distributed Computing We are searching for a PhD candidates to do research in the area of fault tolerant distributed systems. We are a highly encouraged international team of researchers situated in the south […]
- PhD research position at A*STAR Graduate Scholarship This is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, citizens of ASEAN […]
- Postdoc position in Biochar / Soil Ecology at Wageningen University We are looking for a postdoc to study the effects of biochar on soil biota and plant-soil interactions. Future energy demands may be met through pyrolosis of biomass, leading to `waste` […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units semoga informasi tentang PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units ini bermanfaat.