Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull
PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull
- Studentships will start in September 2011
- Supervisor: Dr Chris Venditti
- Email: C.Venditti@hull. ac.uk
- Telephone: +44 (0)1482 46 2077
- Department: Biological Sciences
- Co-Supervisor( s): Dr Dave Lunt, Biological Sciences
This studentship will aim to understand the origin and evolution of wide-scale patterns of diversity in animals. It is currently not clear how environmental factors interact with speciation, extinction, and genetic and morphological rates of change to produce diversity. It is often assumed that these different measures of diversity are closely tied; for example, where there are more species we would expect greater morphological diversity.
There is a growing literature that suggests this is not the case: reproductive isolations can occur with little or no genetic change; genetically very closely related species can have wildly divergent morphologies; some large groups of species can be indistinguishable from gross morphology where as other, species-poor, groups are diverse. If this is the case how does diversity accumulate?
The student will address this question using cutting-edge statistical phylogenetic comparative methods applied to multiple datasets encompassing a wide range of animal groups. The studentship has the potential to contribute to a real quantitative science of macroevolution and has implications for life history, ecology, evolutionary biology, conservation and population biology. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Chris Venditti (C.Venditti@hull.ac.uk).
This full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship will include fees at the “home/EU” student rate and maintenance (€ ¢Â£13,590 in 2011/12, subject to final confirmation) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree. Successful applicants will be informed of the award by 11th July.
Closing date Tuesday 31st May 2011;
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Master Scholarship in Humanities and Social Sciences at University of Bath We offer a variety of scholarships for 2012 is supported by the University and the generous donors who share our pride in student achievement. Most scholarships can be applied to use the […]
- EP Abraham Scholarship in Chemical, Biological / Life and Medical Sciences, University of Oxford, UK E.P. Abraham Scholarship in Chemical, Biological / Life and Medical SciencesSt Cross College invites applications for this scholarship from students who will begin studying for a […]
- TUMS Scholarship Program 2012 in Medical Sciences at Tehran University of Medical Sciences TUMS Scholarship Program is a scholarship program set up by the TUMS to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at TUMS. The […]
- International PhD Scholarship in Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences at University of Central Lancashire, UK University of Central Lancashire Funded International PhD Scholarships in Getting it right for young people: Empowering pharmacies to develop their practice, UK Study Subject: Getting it […]
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund UniversityType of employment: Limit of tenure, 1 yearExtent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), […]
- Master Scholarship in Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, UK Full-time international students are eligible to apply for these competitive scholarships. You will need an undergraduate degree in exercise / sport / physiological / medical sciences or […]
- College of Social Sciences PhD Scholarships, University of Glasgow, UK Applications are invited for up to 16 scholarships being offered by the College of Social Sciences to study for a PhD in an area of research linked to the college’s school/subject […]
- School of Business and Economics (SBE) non-EU Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers one scholarship for its three-year bachelor’s programmes to talented students with the interest to expand their […]
- Avancez Scholarship, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation and these are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to […]
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students (GSS Scholarship)
Application Information for April / September 2016
The purpose of this scholarship is […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull ini bermanfaat.