Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull
PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull
- Studentships will start in September 2011
- Supervisor: Dr Chris Venditti
- Email: C.Venditti@hull. ac.uk
- Telephone: +44 (0)1482 46 2077
- Department: Biological Sciences
- Co-Supervisor( s): Dr Dave Lunt, Biological Sciences
This studentship will aim to understand the origin and evolution of wide-scale patterns of diversity in animals. It is currently not clear how environmental factors interact with speciation, extinction, and genetic and morphological rates of change to produce diversity. It is often assumed that these different measures of diversity are closely tied; for example, where there are more species we would expect greater morphological diversity.
There is a growing literature that suggests this is not the case: reproductive isolations can occur with little or no genetic change; genetically very closely related species can have wildly divergent morphologies; some large groups of species can be indistinguishable from gross morphology where as other, species-poor, groups are diverse. If this is the case how does diversity accumulate?
The student will address this question using cutting-edge statistical phylogenetic comparative methods applied to multiple datasets encompassing a wide range of animal groups. The studentship has the potential to contribute to a real quantitative science of macroevolution and has implications for life history, ecology, evolutionary biology, conservation and population biology. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Chris Venditti (C.Venditti@hull.ac.uk).
This full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship will include fees at the “home/EU” student rate and maintenance (€ ¢Â£13,590 in 2011/12, subject to final confirmation) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree. Successful applicants will be informed of the award by 11th July.
Closing date Tuesday 31st May 2011;
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD student in the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences The PhD student will work on the molecular basis of aging in Caenorhabditis elegans. He/she will work under the daily supervision of McGillarvy fellow Dr Yelena Budovskaya who has […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Switzerland for Computer Graphics Scientists and Physicists In the context of a multidisciplinary study combining mathematical modelling, computer science, and evolutionary developmental genetics, we still have ONE position available for an […]
- PhD position in “Gut Microbiota and Infections” at Max-von-Pettenkofer Insititute We are looking for a talented and highly motivated PhD student to join our research group “Microbiota and Infections” at the Max-von-Pettenkofer Insititute, LMU Munich.The position is […]
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Haematology, UK University of Cambridge Announce PhD Studentship in the Department of Haematology, UK Functional characterization of novel regulators of haematopoiesis and platelet function in Danio rerio […]
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund UniversityType of employment: Limit of tenure, 1 yearExtent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), […]
- [Germany] Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance at Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg Postdoctoral Position in Quantitative Finance (TV L 13)Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Germany)Institut zur Erforschung der Wirtschaftlichen EntwicklungApplication Deadline: July 31, […]
- PhD Fellowship in Environmental Epidemiology at University of Southern Department of Environmental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, hereby invites applications for 1 (three year) PhD fellowship. The Department of Environmental Medicine at SDU carries […]
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium Molecular epidemiology of Chlamydopila (Chlamydia) psittaci infections in humans and development of a recombinant C. psittaci vaccine for chickens Period: for 2 years with a possibility to […]
- The RCH PhD Scholarship in Dementia Research at University of Bath An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Centre for Pain by undertaking a PhD in user design or assisted living. We will fund a full-time 3 year PhD studentship in either of the […]
- Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 Iron-based nanoparticles with tunable magnetic and surface properties for imaging of heart failure. To celebrate the University`s research successes, the University of Hull is offering […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull ini bermanfaat.