Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University
PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University
PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University
- Type of employment: Limit of tenure, 1 year
- Extent: 100 %
- Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), Lund
- First day of employment: 2011-07-01
- Official Records Number: NPA 2011/143
Phd scholarship in GeoBiosphere Sciences, Geology at Lund University, Sweden We have an opening for a Phd scholarship for a highly motivated person to join our research on a high-grade metamorphic section of the Sveconorwegian orogen. It is the Scandinavian equivalent to the Grenville orogen, and the result of collision tectonics at around 1 Ga ago during the assembly of supercontinent Rodinia. The project area in SW Sweden exposes a window into one of the deepest buried and most ductile parts of this mountain chain. The high-grade deformational and metamorphic processes are considered to be of major importance in the evolution and structural build-up of the orogen.
The PhD project focusses on Structural Geology and Metamorphic Petrology and is entitled “High pressure and temperature deformation and metamorphism in the eclogite – granulite region of SW Sweden.” Research involves characterization of the tectonostratigraphy and P-T-t-d evolution, linking of metamorphism and kinematics in deformation zones, and development of a structural model for the area, in particular for the distribution of eclogites.
The applicant must hold a university degree (MSc/BSc or equivalent) in Earth Sciences at the time of appointment. A strong background in petrology is expected. Fluent spoken and written English is required. The scholarship require ability to do fieldwork in a boreal landscape. Ability and willingness to travel to conferences, fieldtrips and workshops and analytical work (mainly Sweden and Canada) is essential; so is participation as a teaching assistant in the Geology Programme at Lund University.
Basis of Assessment
- A strong background in metamorphic petrology and petrography.
- Experience in structural mapping and structural analysis.
Documented experience in any of the following fields is an asset:
- Scientific writing and oral presentation
- Scanning electron microscopy SEM
- Microprobe analysis, EDS/WDS/SIMS
- Phase equilibria and P-T estimation
- Geochronology, in particular the U-Pb-system
- Field geology of high-grade gneiss terrains
Please give details in your CV.
Applications for this position should include:
- A one-page covering letter with statements about the applicant`s background and ambitions in relation to the project
- CV with general personal information, details of previous studies and work
- A pdf-file (or link for download) of any relevant publication, MSc- and/or BSc-thesis
- Names and addresses of at least two reference persons.
Visit Official Website.
Application Deadline : April, 29th 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD scholarship in Geobiosphere science towards quaternary sciences at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 2012-10-31 Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), Lund First day of employment: 2011-11-01 Official […]
- PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology, Lund University, Sweden PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology – LUND UNIVERSITY The student will work in the area of dynamical modelling of biological networks, in particular in relation […]
- PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München The Soil Science Group at Technische Universität München (TUM) offers a doctoral researcher position by December 1st, 2011 for three years. Salary is TV-L E13 (65%) according to the […]
- Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund The aim of the research project is to identify the barriers to dispersal in a microalgal species that forms blooms in freshwater lakes. This research has implications for the […]
- Doctoral Student in Economics at Lund University The research will be developed in connection with the research project R-ARE, which is a long-term project focused on entrepreneurship, innovation and development in regions of varying […]
- Doctoral student in Combustion Physics at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 4 years Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Physics, LundFirst day of employment: As soon as possible Official Records Number: LTHPA 2011/394 […]
- PhD Position in Biophysical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden The position is linked to the research project “Molecular basis of heat and desiccation tolerance of bacterial cells and spores”, funded by Nestec Ltd, Lund University and the Swedish […]
- PhD Scholarship in Health Economics at University of Southern Denmark The Research Unit of Health Economics at The University of Southern Denmark is advertising a PhD scholarship within the area of Behavioural Economics. The PhD project should involve […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry at Lunds University, Sweden Post graduate Scholarship in Biochemistry for MSc Students in biochemistry or biomedicine or corresponding educationJob description: Studies on molecular level of structure, function and […]
- PhD Scholarship in Biological Sciences 2011 at University of Hull OverviewStudentships will start in September 2011Supervisor: Dr Chris VendittiEmail: C.Venditti@hull. ac.ukTelephone: +44 (0)1482 46 2077Department: Biological SciencesCo-Supervisor( s): […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University ini bermanfaat.