Global South Scholar-In-Residence Fellowship, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland
This fellowship is open to outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries pursuing advanced research in areas bridging the fields of international and development studies, broadly defined, and working in disciplines such as anthropology, history, law, politics and political science, and economics.
Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Scholarship also covers round trip travel to and accommodation in Geneva.
The selection will be based on the quality of research. Quality being equal, selection may be guided by an interest in promoting gender and regional diversity. Candidates should demonstrate how their research stay will contribute to their academic career and their home institution.
Conditions for applications
Candidates must hold a PhD and have a full time tenure-track or tenured position in an academic institution in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
Their teaching and research activities and interests must fit with the Institute’s disciplines and fields of expertise (international affairs, development studies, development economics, sociology and anthropology of development, international economics, international relations, international law, international history and politics).
Special consideration will be given to individuals with an interest in international governance and/or research on international organisations in Geneva to join the Institute’s Programme for the Study of International Governance.
Scholars will :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course through close contact with colleagues working in the same discipline or area of expertise;
- Further a personal research project by taking advantage of the plethora of expertise available in the Institute’s research centres and programmes, as well as the library’s resources, one of the most important European repositories in the field;
- Participate in teaching courses (depending on the needs of the study plan, they may be called upon to teach a course for the entire semester);
- Interact with the Institute’s students and faculty, as well as with international, public and private-sector actors from the Geneva area.
- The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
HOW TO APPLY
- 1st of October 2011 for Residence in the Spring Semester 2012 (mid-February to the end of May)
- 1st of March 2012 for Residence in the Fall Semester 2012 (mid-September to the end of January)
Application should include:
- A letter of motivation stating the reasons for the application, the preferred semester, the Institute’s discipline or area of expertise in which the candidate is interested, 2 courses the candidate would be interested to attend while at the Institute;
- A work plan detailing the proposed activities to be completed during the candidate’s time at the Institute (update of teaching curriculum, research project, etc.);
- A curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- Two letters of recommendation.
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
For more information, please visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Global South Scholar-In-Residence Fellowship, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland semoga informasi tentang Global South Scholar-In-Residence Fellowship, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland ini bermanfaat.