Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes
PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes
The aim of this project is to model the interactions of lipid membranes with nano-objects including functional biomimetic polymers, peptides, polymeric micelles and polymer therapeutic complexes/conjugates in order to enable the intelligent design of new materials with improved bilayer modifying properties. This study may provide the molecular basis for the cytotoxicity of nano-objects and indicate the ways to reduce it. The Single Chain Mean Field theory can test the inferred mechanisms for the interaction of nano-objects with phospholipid bilayers allowing to distinguish between different possible pathways to penetrate the living cells.
Background and State of the Art:
Membrane bilayers are readily formed by self-organization of lipid molecules. Membrane lipids can form different structures such as micelles, liposomes or vesicles. Fluid membranes display a surface tension and bending stiffness which depends on the order and mobility of the lipids. Their properties can be addressed using concepts of statistical physics and computer simulations and, in particular, principles of polymer and soft matter physics. There are several nano-objects that can preferentially interact with the membranes or easily penetrate the living cells, although the exact mechanism of interactions with membranes remains an open question.
Project Contribution and Methodology:
Our theoretical method, the Single Chain Mean Field Theory, see Official Website. can describe phospholipid membranes and their interactions with different nano-objects at the molecular level. This method allows to examine the interaction of block copolymers with membranes in order to get insight into physical mechanisms of the possibility for nano-objects of different architectures to disrupt the membranes, form different aggregates and structures.
Ideal candidate: Ideal candidate will have MSc in theoretical physics with strong background in computer simulations, computational soft matter physics and numerical methods.
The work will be done partially in Universitat Rovira I Virgili, Tarragona, Spain and Chemical Engineering Department, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
S. Pogodin, V.A. Baulin, Coarse-Grained Models of Phospholipid Membranes within the Single Chain Mean Field Theory, Soft Matter 6, 2216–2226 (2010).
S. Pogodin and V.A. Baulin, Can a carbon nanotube pierce through a phospholipid bilayer? ACS Nano, 4 (9), pp 5293–5300 (2010) S. Pogodin, N.K.H. Slater and V.A. Baulin, Surface Patterning of Carbon Nanotubes Can Enhance Their Penetration through a Phospholipid Bilayer, ACS Nano, ASAP (2011)
Official Website .
Dr. Vladimir Baulin firstname.lastname@example.org ICREA researcher Barcelona and Universitat Rovira i Virgili Av. dels Països Catalans,
26 Tarragona 43007 (Spain)
Application Deadline : 31 March 2011
Visit Official Website .
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Studentship in Analysis of Seed Processing by Distinct Element Method at University of Leeds The award of a PhD studentship by Syngenta Ltd has provided an opportunity for an exciting PhD research programme on seed processing at the Institute of Particle Science and Engineering, […]
- PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium At the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Ghent University a position for a PhD student is available. The aim of this PhD project is computational study of mechanisms of cardiac […]
- PhD Position:Degradation and Mechanical Characterization of Polymers for Drug Delivery This project is part of coordinated efforts at DTU and KU Pharma to develop new devices for oral drug delivery. The goal of this collaboration is the top-down microfabrication of […]
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- 2 PhD Scholarship in Green Mobile Communication The stipends are related to the research project Green Mobile Clouds. This project is funded by the Danish Council for Independent Research (DFF) and the grant is awarded under the […]
- 2 PhD Positions in Numerical methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of LPV systems OverviewThe aim of the project is to develop (numerical) methods, computational tools and software for the analysis and control of linear infinite-dimensional systems with time-varying […]
- Scholarships Fellowship in Cancer Stem Cell Research at University of Oxford Haematopoietic Stem Cell LaboratoryWeatherall Institute of Molecular MedicineUniversity of OxfordEurocancer Stemcell Training is a network gathering 9 laboratories of 6 member states at […]
- 3 PhD Scholarships in the Neuronal Trafficking Laboratory Brain cells: neurons can reach astonishing shapes and dimensions with dendrites and nerve terminals sometimes located meters away. The establishment and maintenance of such polarity […]
- Phd Scholarship Position at Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry The center for Ordered Materials, Organometallics and Catalysis is looking for a PhD-student, in a larger research program on the SYNTHESIS, CHARACTERIZATION, and CATALYTICAL […]
- Two Graduate Research Scholarship Positions at the Mobile Computing Lab at Chosun University Two Graduate Research Scholarship Positions at the Mobile Computing Lab at Chosun UniversityOverviewThe Mobile Computing Lab is seeking for skillful, hard working and creative candidates […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Computer Simulation of Biophysics of Phospholipid Membranes ini bermanfaat.