Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahsambilkerja.info menyampaikan tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Molecular Neurobiology of Circadian Timekeeping. Applications invited from EU & UK nationals for a fully funded 3-year PhD studentship under the supervision of Dr Michael Hastings FRS.
The aim of this project is to investigate the role of Cryptochrome proteins in the circadian timing machinery of mammals. Particular emphasis will be placed on their putative role as magnetoreceptors. Techniques to be applied include real-time bioluminescent and fluorescent imaging of circadian gene expression, cell and brain slice organotypic culture, recombinant protein biochemistry, targetted mutagenesis, virally mediated, optogenetic control of cellular activity, and proteomic analysis of circadian transcriptional complexes.
How do Cryptochrome proteins behave within the cell over the 24 hour circadian cycle, what is their role in transcriptional regulation and how are their functions affected by magnetic fields?
The position will suit an industrious, highly motivated molecular neurobiologist/ biochemist with a track record of academic excellence. The successful applicant will work within an internationally renowned research group, headed by Dr Michael Hastings FRS, investigating various aspects of circadian timekeeping. The group is supported by the world-class facilities of MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology. As a PhD student at LMB, the student will also become a member of a Cambridge College and be registered at the University of Cambridge.
Reppert, S.M., and Weaver, D.R. (2002). Coordination of circadian timing in mammals. Nature 418, 935-941 Hastings MH, Reddy AB, Maywood ES. (2003) A clockwork web: Circadian timing in brain and periphery, in health and disease. Nature Reviews Neuroscience 4: 649- 661.
Gegear, R.J., Casselman, A., Waddell, S., and Reppert, S.M. (2008). Cryptochrome mediates light-dependent magnetosensitivity in Drosophila. Nature 454, 1014-1018.
Gegear, R.J., Foley, L.E., Casselman, A., and Reppert, S.M. (2010). Animal cryptochromes mediate magnetoreception by an unconventional photochemical mechanism. Nature 463, 804-807.
Godinho, S.I., Maywood, E.S., Shaw, L., Tucci, V., Barnard, A.R., Busino, L., Pagano, M., Kendall, R., Quwailid, M.M., Romero, M.R., et al. (2007). The after-hours mutant reveals a role for Fbxl3 in determining mammalian circadian period. Science 316, 897-900.
3 years PhD position for UK or EU national
Available for October 2011 Entrance
Fully funded for Fees and Maintenance at standard MRC (Home Student) rates
Application deadline: 31 May 2011
Interviews: To be held during week beginning 13 June 2011. The successful applicant will need to apply to the University of Cambridge no later than 30 June 2011 once the PhD position has been confirmed: instructions will be given at time of PhD offer.
How to apply:
For further details and instructions on how to apply, please see the following webpage:
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- International PhD Scholarship Program in Molecular Cell Biology The International PhD Scholarship Program of the Max Delbrück Centre for Molecular Medicine (MDC) in Berlin gives 20 PhD Positions. Currently, The MDC hosts more than 50 research groups […]
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium Molecular epidemiology of Chlamydopila (Chlamydia) psittaci infections in humans and development of a recombinant C. psittaci vaccine for chickens Period: for 2 years with a possibility to […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cell Physiology at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physioloy Postdoctoral position in Cell Physiology at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, GermanyA postdoctoral position is immediately available in the group of Professor […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Cell Biology A fully-funded PhD studentship is available at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London in the area of cell biology under the supervision of Dr Guillaume […]
- Post-Doctoral Position in Computational Biology, Norway A three year full-time position as Service Scientist/Post Doctoral is available at Uni Research AS, within the Computational Biology Unit (CBU) of the Uni BCCS department.The position is […]
- PhD Position in Neural Stem Cell Biology at University Muenster, Germany The group for Stem Cell Biology & Regeneration at the ZMBE Institute of Cell Biology the Westphalian Wilhelms- University Muenster, Germany has an open Position for a PhD Student. […]
- [France] PhD Position in Systems Biology at University of Montpellier PhD position in Systems Biology, MontpellierCandidate:We are looking for a candidate motivated by systems biology and with strong background in mathematical modelling and computer science. […]
- [Czech Republic] PhD Position in Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry at Charles University PhD Position in Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry at Charles University; PraguePhD position to work on the Exo70 family of cell morphogenesis regulators in Physcomitrella patens […]
- Biology Scholarships for Overseas Students, University of York, UK The Department of Biology will award up to five scholarships to overseas students for undergraduate entry in 2012 (or for deferred entry in 2013). Each scholarship is worth £1000 […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology semoga informasi tentang PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology ini bermanfaat.